I finally made it to the store tonight and bought two copies, each for $1.50 instead of the typical $2.00 so I was already feeling good! We checked for the right inserts before we bought them, to make sure they were all there. We ended up with all five expected, two each of RedPlum and SmartSource, and one General Mills insert, in addition to other random inserts. Then we returned home and clipped away after dinner, for about two solid hours, and ended up with well over 100 coupons! I know we won't use them all but we are pretty excited seeing the potential for incredible savings!
Speaking of savings, I capitalized on the Borders coupon this afternoon, but it seems I wasn't the only informed shopper! A lady in the checkout line ahead of me had a stack of printed coupons, and when she realized she would not be able to use them all she started passing some on to the lady behind her. Since the coupon I had was only 50% off a single item, I only managed to get three books on my $20 gift card, but I was still pretty pleased with my coupon savvy-ness!
On the way home, we stopped at a new grocery store in town, a Save-a-Lot, which has everyday prices that put Publix and Walmart sales to shame. It's our new favorite grocery store and since they carry a lot of brand name items at rock bottom prices, we're going to take full advantage of our coupons there!
Next deal we're off to check out: $.24 for a 42-oz. can of Quaker Oats, with the Target printable coupon and the manufacturer's coupon from today's paper!
CC out.
No comments:
Post a Comment